Analysis of wind power input and geographical comparison to solar input.
An accurate Knowledge of power flows in the powerline infrastructure is necessary to make reasonable planning of powerlines and storage capacities for future developments towards higher ratio of renewables. The infrastructure faces higher transport demands caused by the power input of renewables, especially by fluctuations.
Intelligent distribution networks and interfaces are needed to use the energy optimally.
The project is a cooperation with "energy&meteo systems GmbH", "Deutsche Windguard GmbH" and the "Stiftung Offshore Windenergie".
- Testing different ways of extrapolation with wind-power data
- Presentation of data with good geographical resolution on project-website
- Investigation in Correlation between renewable energy sources
- Interest in Energy systems and renewable energies
- Interest in Calculations with data of high time- and space-resolution